Friday, July 22, 2011

Update: I "Climbed the Canyons!"

Two weeks has passed since I partook in the bike trek. My world has been pretty hectic so I have not had the time to blog about my experience. I finally have space and time to write.

To begin with- Romma (my bike partner) and I texted each other the night before about what was to come. We both had spent the day relaxing at our homes, stayed off our bikes and saved our energy for the next day. Prior to ending our conversation, I made a confession to her that there could be a chance that I will not be making it the entire 30 miles- not that I wanted to be pessimistic but I just had to be honest. Aside from driving my jeep I don’t think I ever done anything for a consistent 30 miles.

The bike-a-thon began at Girsh Park in Goleta at 8am. We all did not leave the park till about 8:15am. We were given directions on a pocket sized piece of paper along with markers on the road that pointed us in the right direction. I amazed myself... Not only did I complete the trek but I really enjoyed it as well! The scenery was breathtaking and I enjoyed the challenge of completing the trek. Without a doubt, I would do another bike-a-thon. Romma shared with me that she was really proud of me….as was I! We kept up a good pace….ended the trek at about 11:45am. Yah for Romma and I—We did it!

Looking back, I do not know what I was thinking……after I finished I went to shoot a wedding. I committed to the trek then later was hired to shoot the wedding. I couldn’t back down on both- God forbid.

No comments:

Post a Comment