Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Reason, Season, or Lifetime

I just finished reading more for school.....will it ever end? I look forward to the day when I can just pick a book I want to read verses one I have to read for an assignment for school- almost there!

So it's very late but I had to post this becuase it has been on my mind.

Eventually I will be writing more about the Conference I went to this past weekend but for now I just want to post something that I really liked that I heard. A few months ago, a friend of mine sent me an email which i thought was right on with what was in front of me at that present time. Just this past weekend, while talking with some people I had just met at this conference, a woman mentioned the same passage to a group of us as we talked about our own individual paths.

This conference was all about Energy Psychology- were practictioners share their knowledge about working with trauma, depression, axiety- etc, etc. It is an alternative modality from the one I am trained on at Pacifica. Highly effective, one I have incoporated with my own clients as well as work on myself. It is amazing. Another blog entry another time. But for now, here is the little passage that was mentioned by my friend- hearing it brought me to how amazing it is that I have been able to see the beauty of all different people who have come in and out of my life.

Here it is, copied from an email I received months ago:

People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime. when u know which one it is, you will know what to do for that person.

When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed they have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. they may seem like a godsend and they are. they are there for the reason you need them to be. then, without any wrong doing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end sometimes they die. sometimes they walk away. sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand. what we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done. the prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.

some people come into your life for a SEASON, because your turn has come to share, grow and learn. They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh. They may teach you something you have never done. They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy. Believe it, it is real. But only for a SEASON.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons, things you must build upon in order to have a solid foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and area of your life. It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

No comments:

Post a Comment