Friday, July 8, 2011

Climbing the Canyons!

Perhaps I’m just a glutton for a punishment….only time will tell.

My friend Romma and I are heading out tomorrow morning to Climb the Canyons--- all on my bike through Santa Barbara and Goleta. It’s a bike-a –thon that is happening to raise money for Alpha. A number of my residents at hillside house attend day program at Alpha so I felt it was only right for me to support the cause.

Yesterday I received my Alpha jersey; my first biking shift that I had ever owned can’t wait to sport it! I have been riding to work and going on various treks around town. I have been saving oodles on gas which has been just one of many pluses. Biking to and from work has been such a great way to begin and end my day.

Do wish me luck! After I finish this Trek- I am off to shoot a wedding. Since everything in town is so close by: it all is very doable. Only thing- I will need to rest up today, carbo-load this evening and take care of my body during the journey. Take a look at where all I will be heading! I can't wait!

Last but not least.....please donate and support Alpha Resource Center! We are the Hillside Gals....you know, employees of Hillside House in support of Alpha. I suppose I should not hope to get voted as the best name for the duo Romma and I are! Photos to follow- Thanks for stopping by! More to come......

No comments:

Post a Comment