Monday, April 12, 2010

And the Winner Is!!!!!


This past weekend, I took a drive out to Porterville, CA, which is about a three hour drive North of Santa Barbara. There, I visited with my friend Claudia and enjoyed having a cookout and just relaxing with her family. As a last minute decision, Claudia and her family thought it would be fantastic to rent a bounce house for two days. With it, came a set of gigantic boxing gloves which as you can see came in use. The first day, I participated however was more there to take photos and watch everyone have a good time boxing and jumping around.

The next morning was a different story. I decided to get in there before the kids and see what all the fun was about. Unfortunately it had rained the night prior which caused many little puddles all inside the bounce house. So I cleaned things up and made the inside spick and span. Perfect, I thought, so I went in and jumped and jumped. Eventually Claudia came out to join me. I challenged her to a boxing match. She was hesitant at first but I talked her into it.

As we begun, her son Justice was outside of the bounce house watching from afar to see who was going to get slaughtered. For awhile it went back and forth. I could not for the life of me, keep from laughing at the intense facial expression coming from Claudia..... that and the insane size of the gloves. Finally at one point while I was laughing, Claudia came at me with a right swing, I lost my balance I leaned on the side- Claudia's Son immediately ran to take cover thinking that the thing was going to tip. Instead of tipping, it just threw me to the ground- meanwhile the tarp from above which was holding the remainder of the excess water tipped and like a water fall it came down on me.

Here again, it was a priceless moment for me. I was in a ball on the ground laughing at what had just happened and at what it must had looked like to Claudia. Of course, here again, no camera just something that you just have to imagine and I am quite positive many of you can imagine this happening to me.

After our match, Claudia and her son, Justice had it out. As you can see, Justice took care of things for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment